What are the top 5 books you would grab in an emergency?
My first thought was to list the books that I love, which would be just a top five list. The keyword here, I think, is emergency. So in no particular order…
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand I have never read this book before, but I have read Seabiscuit once upon a time and remember enjoying it. I’d pick this story because it’s a true survival story, and would hopefully either give me good techniques or at least give me strength to learn about someone else’s strength.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsI’m sure this seems overdone, but when I think of a survivor kind of character, I think of Katniss. I’d want this book to similarly inspire me, despite it being a fictional character.
- The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life by Ben Sherwood This book has been on my to read list for a long time. I think I discovered through another friend’s update or from a book club on Goodreads. Even though I haven’t read it yet, I haven’t deleted it and still plan on reading it because I really do think it’d be both useful, and maybe just one day…life saving.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon I recently read and raved about this book on Goodreads. I read it for Felicia Day’s Vaginal Fantasy Hangout. As long as it is, I loved the mix of historical fiction and sometimes racy romance. I’d want this after the emergency, to perhaps get some blushing and smiles going to make me happier.
- The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O’Shea This has and probably will always hold a special place in my heart. The mix of fairy tales, mythology, and some urban fantasy make this an awesome story for me. I wouldn’t want to not have a copy of this book that I randomly got years and years ago. So depending on the nature of the emergency, this book would need to be saved.
What are your answers?